Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: what is a good amp to use with a7s w 416z and 902 or 806 8as

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: what is a good amp to use with a7s w 416z and 902 or 806

    Any reason not to use an Altec 9444A? That's what I use connected directly to my DVD player. I don't have A7s, However.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: what is a good amp to use with a7s w 416z and 902 or 806

    Quote Originally Posted by Audio_by_Goodwill View Post
    Any reason not to use an Altec 9444A? That's what I use connected directly to my DVD player. I don't have A7s, However.
    I was simply trying to keep within his budget at a power level similar to the AU-717.

    IMO&E, the preamp will be the component that's hardest to get right in terms of sound quality. Choose a crappy preamp, and you get crappy sound no matter what you use for an amplifier.

    When you can find them, a Soundcraftsmen DX-4000 is a stellar preamp that sells way under the radar in terms of performance. It's one caveat that was finally a deal breaker for me was the lack of a loudness contour when late night listening.
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28236960 times.